Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Worst Nightmare!

Ever since I got Ezra a walker it has been my worst nightmare thinking about him going down the stairs in it. I have been SO SO SO conscious about blocking the stairs with his carseat the very second I put him in it (the rubber on the bottom keeps it from moving, until I get a gate). Im sure you know where this story is going!!! Well the other night we had a bunch of our families at our house and with people coming and going up and down the stairs it got moved several times. We failed to mention why we had a carseat in the middle of the walkway! I was cleaning up the kitchen a little and all of a sudden I heard my Brother-in-Law yell and run...(I don't really remember what...I think I went into shock! I knew....it was happening...I heard a big crash and tumble! I went running with absolute FEAR filling my body...NO NO NO, that CAN'T be Ezra...I NEVER leave the stairs un-blocked!!! This was what I saw...except obviously Ezra was IN the walker at the time! My Bro-in-Law barely missed him and saw him go down, he flipped over a few times and landed like this.


This is my usual barricade.

He screamed for a few minutes and seemed quite tramatized...as was I! He hit the side of his head on the baseboard on his way down and got a big rug burn on his chin from the carpet at some point.

Back to his happy self. I was so worried he would have some sort of head injury but I checked his eyes and he was acting normal. It could have been so much worse, as I had imagined it over and over in my head.

Battle wounds!
I think it took me way longer to recover from it than him! He is my little tough guy!

4 comments:

TAYLOR FAMILY said...

It must be a rite of passage for babies! it has happened to both my kids. unfortunately, i sometimes think its inevitable. glad he's o.k.!

Vanessa Morey said...

I'm so glad that happened to you because last night I was cliping Macens nails and got a huge chunk on his thumb. I felt like a terrible mother. I guess those things happen though! You can't help it. Glad he's okay.

Colledge Family said...

Oh poor 'lil guy :( I'm glad he's ok. I have done things like that, that I have felt like the worst mom ever!

dave&abby johnson family said...

oh friend i am so sorry! that is the scariest thing EVER! aspen fell down our friends stairs a few times it was horrible. wow i sound like a bad mom saying that, but i promise it was only two times!!! :)

glad he is alright!!!